ON THE WEB
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) - Provides mental health information related to eating disorders, including education and current research.
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) - NEDA is dedicated to helping the public understand eating disorders and providing access to treatment for those who need it.
- National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) - Provides a crisis line, listings of treatment options, and therapist listings. Also provides educational materials.
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) - Provides information about binge eating disorder for sufferers, loved ones, and health professionals focusing on current research about best practices.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - Nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness and decreasing stigma around mental illness. Also provides educational resources and local support groups for sufferers and loved ones.
- International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP) - A non-profit organization for professionals working in the treatment of eating disorders providing access to continuing education and advocacy.
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) - Provides educational resources, prevention initiatives, research, and promotes quality, effective treatment for eating disorders.
- Eating Disorder Coalition (EDC) - Advances the federal recognition of eating disorders as a public health concern through advocacy and lobbying efforts.
- Recovery Record App - Provides symptom and meal tracking with the option of connecting with your clinicians for increased accountability as well as coping skills and connection to supportive resources.
- Recovery Warriors Podcast - Started by a woman herself in recovery, biweekly podcasts look at causes of and treatment for eating disorders, as well as media and cultural influences. Recovery Warriors also provides inspirational recovery playlists, blogs, and a free app.
- Tedx Talk: Eating Disorders From the Inside Out - Dr. Laura Hill discusses the biology of eating disorders and the “noise” that people with EDs hear in their heads.
- ‘Over It,’ My Battle With Anorexia- Dave Chawner uses humor to break down the stigma around being a straight male with an eating disorder.
- "Understanding EDs" YouTube Playlist- A curated list of videos Transcend Staff recommend for those seeking to understand more about their own or their loved one's eating disorder.
- Morgan's Story - A family's battle with the disease that took their daughter's life.
- Life Without Edby Jenni Schaefer and Thom Rutledge
- Goodbye Ed, Hello Me by Jenni Schaefer
- 8 Keys to Recovery From an Eating Disorder by Carolyn Costin and Gwen Schubert Grabb
- Decoding Anorexia: How Breakthroughs in Science Offer Hope For Eating Disorders by Carrie Arnold
- Talking to Eating Disorders: Simple Ways to Support Someone with Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating or Body Image Issues by Jeanne Albronda Heaton and Claudia J. Strauss
- Surviving an Eating Disorder: Strategies for Family and Friends by Michele Siegel, Judith Brisman, and Margot Weinshel
- The Parents Guide to Eating Disorders: Supporting Self-Esteem, Healthy Eating and Positive Body Image at Home by Marcia Herrin and Nancy Matsumoto
- Blind Passenger by Melissa Tate