The goal of treatment is to help individuals stabilize body weight, develop healthy eating patterns, identify and begin to heal the emotional issues that trigger eating disorder symptoms, and develop the coping skills necessary to prevent relapse.
Partial Hospitalization Program
Provides a safe and unique treatment experience for individuals ready and willing to work on change, and seeking full recovery from their eating disorder. Our well-developed program is available for people from around the world age 11-18, all genders welcome, and is delivered by our professional and experienced care team.
Program is unique! Your individualized treatment experience will include:
- A personalized treatment plan with a supportive, individualized, and collaborative approach.
- A comfortable homelike environment with pro-recovery emphasis.
- A balance of support and independence, so you can learn skills that will help you carry your recovery home with you after treatment
We understand that finances can be a real challenge with seeking treatment. Contact us to find out about our payment plan option. TranscendED is committed to promoting mindful eating, body acceptance and emotional wellness to individuals around the world!
Your Treatment Will Include:
- Staff supported meal times.
- One-on-one sessions with our caring and experienced counselors, to help you address the factors that are maintaining the eating disorder.
- One-on-one sessions with our registered dietitians, to work together to develop nutritional goals, discuss challenges and fears, and learn new information about nutrition for recovered living.
- Daily therapy groups including nutrition education, mindfulness, yoga, goal setting, interpersonal support, art therapy, exposure therapy, restaurant outings, teaching and discussion on topics such as self esteem, assertiveness, perfectionism, anxiety, body image and exercise.
- Additional components include spiritual counseling, family counseling sessions, and recommended reading and workbooks.
Partial Hospitalization Program Key Outcomes
Our Home = Your Home Away From Home
TranscendED operates within a beautiful spacious home providing a comfortable atmosphere inside and out, where you share a bedroom with another resident, similar in age and gender identification. can accommodate up to six clients at one time, making for a personal treatment experience. WIFI is available throughout the home and you're welcome to bring a laptop and personal cell phone (to be used with supervision). We’re conveniently located a short distance from many shops and amenities.
The duration of the program is flexible based on each client's goals and needs, with the average length of stay being eight to twelve weeks. After you have completed your treatment within the recovery centre, you will have the option to continue receiving support through partial hospitalization program. We know your recovery work does not end when you leave the recovery centre, and want to continue supporting you on your journey to full recovery.
In your initial nutrition session, you will establish an individualized meal plan collaboratively with the dietitian. Each session will allow you opportunity to review the meal plan and set new goals. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are prepared independently by each client. Supper times include a shared meal, which you will have the opportunity to help prepare, with the support of staff. Groceries are purchased multiple times each week, and you will be able to request foods you need for your meal plan. A staff is present at each meal time for support.
Yes, TranscendED accepts clients who are vegetarian and vegan. It will be important during treatment to assess these choices and help you identify your own values apart from the eating disorders values in regards to all food choices, including the choice to practice vegetarianism and veganism
Everyone has a natural set point weight range that their body desires to be. Healthy bodies come in a variety of shapes and sizes. When you begin recovery, your body may be above, below or within your natural set point weight range. Westwind encourages clients to use the scale every 1-2 weeks during the recovery process. Most people in recovery have fears about how improved eating and progress in treatment will affect their weight. Utilizing the scale can help you to de-power the number and develop trust in your body.